Barn Cottage Self Catering
Perthshire, Angus & Dundee
Barn Cottage - Panholes Cottage, near Gleneagles Hotel, Auchterarder, Perthshire. One very well behaved pet welcome. STB 5*'s
Short breaks are available at Barn Cottage - online booking available.
This stunning conversion of a 200 year old barn comprises of two separate dwellings. This part of the conversion offers luxury self-catering accommodation for 4 people. The owners live in the farmhouse so are on hand to help with any information or assistance that you may need, and to ensure you have a relaxing and happy holiday in Scotland. If you are looking for a golf holiday, Panholes cottage is the perfect central location, convenient for Gleneagles and St Andrews.
Barn Cottage is in a breathtaking setting combining farmland, hills, rivers and mountains. Wildlife is abundant, with many birds of prey living in the area and wild deer roaming the fields. The paddock to the front has been landcaped with large alpine beds. Table and chairs are provided, and a gravelled area offers car parking. This cottage along with the adjoining Roundhouse Cottage is suitable for parties of up to 12 people.
The surrounding area offers a nature reserve; a sanctuary for migrating geese and other wild birds; superb walks and endless rambles in the wonderful, Perthshire countryside, fishing at Orchil Loch Trout Fishery and great biking from local lanes to off road tracks. Situated near Loch Lomond and The Trossachs, this is ideal self catering holiday accommodation in Scotland. Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park has spectacular scenery, great walking and water sports.
Walks are plentiful and varied, ranging from low level strolls, to serious high level walking, with many Munros (mountains over 3,000 feet, 914m). The world famous Gleneagles Hotel and golf complex, with its challenging championship courses, is 3 miles from your front door. Numerous Scottish golf courses are also within very easy reach. Riding, shooting and falconry are available nearby.
Barn Cottage is in the ideal location for exploring the Scottish Highlands and you can enjoy a trip to the west coast of Scotland through Glencoe, which is a magnificent drive through stunning landscapes. Perth, Stirling, Edinburgh and Glasgow are easy motorway trips with their historic sites, art galleries and museums. Retail therapy is in abundance for serious shoppers. The smaller towns of Auchterarder, Bridge of Allan, Comrie, Crieff, Callander and Dunblane are all within very easy reach.
There are plenty of places of interest and activities near our self-catering accommodation, including Blair Drummond Safari Park, Pitlochry Dam and Fish Ladder, Drummond Trout Fishery, Deep Sea World and a favourite with the children is Auchingarrich Wildlife Centre. Edinburgh and Glasgow also have many places of interest that children will enjoy - Dynamic Earth, Edinburgh Zoo, Edinburgh Castle, Glasgow Science Centre and The Burrell Collection.
- The cottage benefits from all modern amenities inside, yet retains the charm and appearance of a traditional farm cottage. The central heating is easily controlled and will keep you warm no matter what weather we have throughout the year. The tiled porch leads into a light and spacious hallway with its 80 year old wooden floors and hand made latched doors.
- Kitchen is fully equipped and has a dual fuel range cooker, microwave, dishwasher and large fridge freezer.
- The dining area has a solid wood table and chairs and is an integral part of the kitchen.
- The utility room has a washing machine, tumble dryer, a drying pulley and is the downstairs cloakroom.
- The large sitting room has fabulous countryside views from one window and overlooks a walled garden from the other. It is beautifully furnished with a leather sofa and easy chairs, wooden flooring, hand made tables and bookcase. The room benefits from a stone built fireplace with a living flame electric stove. Television, DVD player and hi-fi compliment the room. WiFi. A wide selection of books, maps, games and a pair of binoculars are provided.
- The two bedrooms are stylishly furnished and have very comfortable beds made up with fresh, crisply ironed linen.
- The en-suite bathrooms are identical with a deep bath, corner shower cabinet and heated towel rails. Sets of towels, bathrobes and complimentary toiletries are supplied for each guest.
Included in the price
- Bed linen and towels
Barn Cottage is strictly no smoking inside the cottage.
One very well behaved pet welcome.
Good housekeeping deposit of £75.00 required
- Close to Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park
- Gleneagles Hotel and golf complex only 3 miles
- Bars, shops and restaurants within walking distance., about one mile.
|Price Range:||£575 - £815|
|Location:||Auchterarder - Perthshire|