Bayside Cottage Self Catering
Northern Highlands, Wester Ross & Easter Ross
Bayside cottage Applecross village on the beautiful Applecross peninsula - Wester Ross - sleeps 5, log fire, pets welcome.
Bayside Cottage, situated on the wildly beautiful Applecross peninsula, is an end terrace, recently renovated, estate cottage situated just a few feet from the sea shore, with stunning views across the Inner Sound towards Raasay, Rona and the magnificent Cuillin hills on the Isle of Skye. The cottage provides comfortable self catering accommodation for up to five people. Though remote, the cottage is just 200 yards from the Applecross Inn, winner of numerous awards, including recently awarded 'Best Pub Food in Britain' and 'Best Seafood Pub' in Scotland, to name just a couple. There is a general store for most provisions, and also a Cafe Bar, which has a relaxed and cheerful atmosphere and friendly, helpful staff.
The Gaelic name for the area of Applecross is “a Chomraich” which means “The Sanctuary”. You will understand, immediately you arrive, why it was given this name, as it is, without doubt, one of the most beautiful and remote wilderness areas on the west coast of Scotland, lying between the Scottish mainland mountain masses and the Isle of Skye. From the cottage, you can sit on the sea front and watch the sun go down over the Cuillins, the dramatic mountain range on the Isle of Skye, which, at times, can be truly awe inspiring and especially so during the long days of summer, when it hardly seems to get dark at all.
There are only two routes by road into Applecross village. The route via Kishorn is spectacular and possibly the only true alpine pass in Britain. It takes you over the 2053' high road called the Bealach na Ba, where, on a clear day, you'll see the kind of views one can only dream about. A passenger remarked when travelling this route that, looking out of the car window, it felt like flying in an aircraft !! From the viewpoint at the summit, you get panoramas north west to the Outer Hebrides, south to the Kintail mountains and scenery which will keep you gazing throughout the duration of this high level route.
The other route into Applecross is via Shieldaig and along the coast road, which also has fantastic views out to the western isles and small coastal communities and rocky coves, of which, no doubt, you will make mental notes, to return for a closer look during your holiday at Applecross.
- Lounge with open fire. TV with Sky Free Sat, DVD and selection of DVDs, Video and Hi Fi system.
- Modern kitchen includes an electric oven, hob and grill, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, microwave oven, bread machine and ironing facilities, as well as the usual small kitchen appliances.
- Separate dining room.
- Three bedrooms, consisting of one double, one twin, and one small single bedroom suitable for a child.
- Bathroom has a bath with a shower over.
Decked area on the beach.
Included in the price
- Electricity, solid fuel for the open fire
- Bed linen and towels. The owners have provided quality feather duvets and pillows for your comfort.
- Payphone, electric heating, hair drier, car parking at the front of the cottage.
Two pets are allowed but please ask when booking as there is no garden.
Mobile Phone Reception
Due to the location mobile coverage may be limited or even unavailable.
Good Housekeeping Deposit of £75.00 required.
Local Filling Station
A community filling station is available in the village, open 24/7 the pumps are automated and accept credit and debit cards.
- Fantastic coastal scenery and wildlife from whales to sea Eagles
- Munro baggers and hill walkers paradise
- Off the beaten track holiday cottage and only 200 yards from the Applecross Inn
|Price Range:||£415 - £645|
|Location:||Applecross peninsula - Wester Ross|
More Properties in this Region
- Gracie's Cottage
- Kinloch Damph Lodge
- Garden Cottage
- Ardoch Bothy
- Rowan Cottage - Arrina
- Pine Lodge
- Little Aird Hill
- Macrae Croft
- Stoer Lodge
- Charleston House
- Locholly Lodge
- Hill Cottage
- Cuaig Croft
- The Bothy
- Woodside Lodge
- Taigh Fiodha
- Highland Coach House
- Ceol na Mara
- Swallow Byre
- Campbell House
- Tigh A Chreagan
- Stac Polly