Hill Head Croft Self Catering
Hill Head Croft
Fort Augustus & South Loch Ness
Hill Head Croft Loch Ness Scotland the ultimate self catering accommodation for visitors to Loch Ness - Sleeps 6 - Pets welcome ( but sorry no puppies).
Hill Head Croft, a 200 year old former croft cottage is situated on a promontory high above Loch Ness at Inverfarigaig, a picturesque, rural scattering of homes in typical Highland countryside half way down the south side of the loch. It is a picture postcard cottage full of charm and character, much of which has been retained during the modernisation process from the original croft house. All who stay here will fall in love with both the cottage and the location in the tiny village community of Inverfarigaig.
An ancient hill fort with commanding views of Loch Ness forms the backdrop for the village, an imposing buttress rising up out of the surrounding slopes of the Great Glen, which in turn contains the waters of this magical loch. There are several routes on foot down to the shores of Loch Ness from Hill Head Croft to rarely visited beaches. There is even a secret sandy beach known only to locals and occasional exploring visitors, which you may discover during a holiday here.
The rooms are spacious and tastefully furnished to make this a very pleasing cottage in which to spend a holiday. There is a real log fire in the lounge and an Aga in the kitchen, brilliant for keeping you snug throughout the year. Pet owners will prick up their ears now because the new owners will make pets welcome and as Wilderness Cottages has always specialised in pet friendly cottages, this cottage is an exceptionally good choice for those of you that wouldn't dream of leaving your dog behind. From your doorstep, there are lots of walks through the Farigaig forest and down to the lochside and of course, the log fire or the Aga is perfect for when Rover returns from a walk or swim and needs to dry off.
- Kitchen includes Aga cooker, fridge and freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and all the usual small appliances for your convenience.
- Lounge with a wood burning stove. Freeview TV, Hi Fi and DVD.
- Separate dining room furnished with 6 dining places.
- Kingsize bedroom with en-suite shower.
- Bathroom with bath.
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower.
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower.
Included in the price
- Bed linen, with quality feather duvets and pillows for your comfort.
- Electricity and oil central heating (additional heating by the Aga and a log fire.)
- Coal is supplied and logs can be purchased locally.
- Travel cot and highchair available.
- Fenced garden with garden furniture and barbecue.
- Outside drying area.
- Parking for two cars.
Two pets are welcome at the property.
Good Housekeeping Deposit
A Good Housekeeping Deposit of £75.00 is required.
- Olde world snug cottage with lots of character
- Fabulous location, close to Inverness and Fort Augustus
- Easy access to Loch Ness and red squirrel forest walks
|Price Range:||£390 - £715|
|Location:||Inverfarigaig - South Loch Ness|
More Properties in this Region
- Old Schoolhouse
- Owl Cottage
- Coach House
- Lus na Gaoithe
- The Coltsfoots
- The Haven
- Allt a'Mhuilinn
- Gate House
- Log House
- Cameron's Cottage
- Rowan Ridge
- Old Lock Keepers Cottage
- Woodpecker Pad