Laracks Self Catering
Fort Augustus & South Loch Ness
Laracks is a deceptively spacious holiday cottage near Loch Ness - Pets welcome. STB 4*'s.
From the outside Laracks looks like a charming and quaint little traditional cottage complete with a colourful cottage garden. It is more like a Tardis, as the inside is deceptively spacious and rooms open up, one after the other!
Laracks is located in Stratherrick, a little known rural area on the south side of Loch Ness, sparsley populated and threaded with narrow winding roads, ideal for the cyclist. Loch Mhor is close by framed by the Monadhliath Mountains which offer wild walking country to the adventurous visitor, while local woodland trails abound providing ideal walks for families and the less energetic!. You are welcome to bring your pets to Laracks and the garden is fenced securely to stop the dog wandering off unaccompanied. This is actually a great place for walking dogs too, there are lots of off road places to go walkies. Even tarmac roads are very quiet once off the main road.
The cottage faces south and enjoys plenty of sunshine. There are super views from the cottage over Loch Mhor to the Monadhliath mountains beyond. Birdlife abounds here, with visiting geese and osprey.
The village of Foyers is a short drive and here you will find the local general store and post office with a cafe next door. The Dores Inn is about 10 miles way at Dores, where you can sit with a drink by the shores of Loch Ness and wait for Nessie!
A trip to the east coast, west coast and the north are all possible from Laracks in a day, if sightseeing is your goal. Inverness city, the Highland capital, is but 25 miles for theatre, exhibitions, museums, parks, swimming pools and of course, shopping ! Eateries are plentiful in Inverness and, if you do not want to travel far, there are several to choose from in Foyers and Dores, closer to home.
- Large lounge with wood burning stove, TV / DVD / video. Hi Fi - CD, cassette player and radio. WiFi internet available - bring your own laptop. Adjoining light and airy reading room.
- Spacious kitchen / dining room with electric hob, oven and grill. Microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, washer and tumble dryer. Ironing facilities.
- Three bedroms. Double bedroom. Twin bedroom and single bedroom. Hairdryer.
- Two bathrooms, one with bath and shower and one with a shower. Washing line.
- Oil fired central heating throughout.
Included in the price
- Bed linen.
- Electricity, oil and logs.
- WiFi internet - bring your own laptop.
Two pets welcome.
Fenced garden - safe for dogs.
Garden furniture and barbecue.
Good Housekeeping Deposit of £75.00 required.
- Cosy pet friendly cottage in splendid country side on south Loch Ness
- Real log fire great for winter nights
- Location midway between Fort Augustus and Inverness
June Weeks Reduced
Were £460 now £400 - Save £60
Available from: 01/06/2013 to 15/06/2013
Offer Code: 722-136B2050
June Weeks Reduced
Were £555 now £480 - Save £75
Available from: 15/06/2013 to 29/06/2013
Offer Code: 723-136B2050
|Price Range:||£295 - £590|
|Location:||Gorthleck - South Loch Ness|
More Properties in this Region
- Gate House
- The Haven
- Allt a'Mhuilinn
- Rowan Ridge
- Old Lock Keepers Cottage
- Old Schoolhouse
- Woodpecker Pad
- Hill Head Croft
- Coach House
- Cameron's Cottage
- The Coltsfoots
- Log House
- Lus na Gaoithe
- Owl Cottage