Tigh A Chreagan Self Catering
Tigh A Chreagan
Northern Highlands, Wester Ross & Easter Ross
Tigh-A-Chreagan self catering cottage, by Applecross, Wester Ross, Log fire, sleeps 4 - One very well behaved pet welcome.
If you have not visited the Applecross peninsula before you will like most visitors be captivated by its landscape, The Gaelic name for the area of Applecross is 'a Chomraich' which means 'The Sanctuary' and the peace and the tranquility this area offers makes us want to return again and again. You can 'listen to the silence'. The village of Applecross is just 4 miles from Tigh-A-Chreagan and a meal at the award winning Applecross Inn is definitely recommended, seafood being a speciality. The Potting Shed situated within the grounds of Applecross House, is highly recommended too, as is the Flower tunnel at the campsite. The village also has a small shop and now has its own petrol station, run by the local community.
Tigh-A-Chreagan is an ideal location for your self catering holiday, offering quality accommodation with walks from your door. The hill lochs offer some wonderful wild brown trout fishing and the local sea fishing can be exceptional. Wildlife abounds, golden eagles, sea eagles, otters, seals these are just some of the many species to be seen. Roe deer are often spotted around the cottage and the magestic red deer frequent the hills. You can cycle on the quiet lanes or go sea kayaking around the peninsula. In the village at Toscaig, you can purchase freshly made bread, locally grown vegetables, salad produce and a mobile shop visits weekly.
- Sitting room, has an open fire and comfortable seating. TV - (basic Sky package), DVD player and a selection of DVD's. Stereo system with Ipod & USB, along with a selection of books, games and a box of toys.
- Kitchen is fitted with modern units and has been fully equipped and includes a gas hob with an electric oven, fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle etc. and all the usual kitchen equipment and a wood burning stove.
- The washing machine, tumble dryer, clothes horse and small freezer are situated outside in the adjoining laundry/boot room, where you can also keep your bikes, walking boots, fishing equipment etc. Garden furniture is stored here.
- The garden area is to the front of the cottage and has a decked area and a Chiminea, a great place for enjoying a glass of wine or a wee dram at the end of your day.
- Bathroom with bath and electric shower over. Heated towel rail.
- Double bedroom with view over the hills from small velux window coombed ceilings, wood lined and electric panel heater.
- Twin bedroom with window overlooking the hillside and has limewashed wood panelling, creating seaside theme coombed ceilings and electric panel heater.
- Both of the bedrooms have Store room with hanging space. The hoover, ironing board, iron, travel cot and high chair are stored found here.
Included in the price
- All bed linen and towels.
- Electricity and fuel for the fires (both coal and logs)
Tigh a Chreagan is not suitable of wheelchairs or the disabled.
The property is on the main water supply.
One pet is allowed at Tigh a Chreagan but please note that the garden is not secure.
Mobile Phone Reception
Due to the the location mobile coverage may be limited or even unavailable.
Good housekeeping deposit of £75.00 required.
Local Filling Station
A community filling station is available in the village of Applecross, open 24/7 the pumps are automated and accept credit and debit cards.
- Fantastic coastal scenery and wildlife
- Real log fires for enhancing the cottage atmosphere
- Croft cottage just half a mile from the sea
|Price Range:||£420 - £715|
|Location:||Applecross peninsula - Wester Ross|
More Properties in this Region
- Garden Cottage
- Stoer Lodge
- Bayside Cottage
- Ceol na Mara
- Highland Coach House
- Kinloch Damph Lodge
- Taigh Fiodha
- Charleston House
- Ardoch Bothy
- Woodside Lodge
- Cuaig Croft
- Campbell House
- Swallow Byre
- Macrae Croft
- The Bothy
- Stac Polly
- Pine Lodge
- Hill Cottage
- Rowan Cottage - Arrina
- Little Aird Hill
- Locholly Lodge
- Gracie's Cottage