Allt-Na-Crich Self Catering
Northern Highlands, Wester Ross & Easter Ross
Allt-Na-Crich, self catering property in the small coastal village of Camusterrach, Applecross, Wester Ross, sleeps 5
Allt-Na-Crich is a charming property, situated in a quiet position, a couple of miles from the centre of Applecross on the beautiful Applecross Peninsula. An area famous on the West Coast of Scotland, for it's dramatic scenery and the Pass of the Cattle. The property has views across to the Cuillin on the Isle of Skye and it is perfect for those wanting to relax and unwind, but have the convenience of the local amenities in Applecross close to hand.
The local hill lochs offer the chance to catch some wild brown trout and the sea fishing is not to be missed. There is an abundance of wildlife in the area, golden eagles, sea eagles, otters and seals, if you're lucky you may catch a glimpse of Red deer that are often spotted around the garden.
For the keen walker the Applecross Peninsula offers some great walks, there are various leisurely walks around the grounds of Applecross House, or for the more adventurous a walk from Toscaig to Airidh Drishaig, overlooking Loch Kishorn or to Uags is a must, however please be prepared, these walks are for the more experienced and quite rigorous, and walkers should ensure that they are well equipped.
For those more interested in the history of the peninsula, why not visit the Heritage Centre at Clachan, this is run by the Applecross Historical Society, and is well worth a trip to find out about the history of the area and the various places to see.
The village of Applecross caters well for the food lover, the renowned Applecross Inn, serving the latest days catch is always worth a visit, as is the Potting Shed Restaurant situated near Applecross House on the outskirts of the village. For coffee and cake try the Flower Tunnel and Broch Bar situated at the campsite. Also available in Applecross is a small village shop and Post Office and a petrol pump. The village of Lochcarron, with its larger shops, local butcher, and cafes is situated across the Bealach na Ba, a drive of 28 miles. The city of Inverness is 80 miles away.
Applecross is without doubt one of the most remote and beautiful wilderness areas on the west coast of Scotland. The Gaelic name for Applecross is “a Chomraich” which means “The Sanctuary”. You will realise after arriving why it was given this name. The property enjoys a secluded spot and is magnificent for enjoying the west coast sunsets.
All the accommodation is situated on the one level and has central heating throughout.
- Large L shaped spacious lounge and dining area with patio doors to the garden area and an amazing picture window looking out to the Isle of Skye and beyond. Comfortable seating for 5 people. Large screen TV with HD/DVD/Video, WiFi, HiFi system, together with a large selection of Videos, CDs and books, for the use of guests.
- The kitchen has views over the garden and is fully fitted with ample storage, it also has a large airing cupboard. The facilities include electric cooker, fridge, freezer and microwave. A separate utility room houses the washing machine and ironing facilities. There is plenty of room here to leave outdoor clothing and wellies.
- The three bedrooms are very bright with the double and twin room facing the sea, the single bedroom overlooks the garden and also has a patio door. All of the bedrooms have fitted wardrobes.
- Two bathrooms, one with a bath, wash hand basin and toilet, the other has a shower with a wash hand basin and toilet.
- Cot and high chair are available on request.
Included in the cost
- Oil fired central heating, all electricity, bed linen and towels. The owners have provided quality duvets and pillows for your comfort.
- Parking for 3 cars. Allt-Na-Crich is situated on a small road off the main coastal road.
Mobile Phone Reception
Due to the location mobile coverage may be limited or even unavailable.
Good Housekeeping Deposit of £75.00 required.
Local Filling Station
A community filling station is available in the village of Applecross, open 24/7 the pumps are automated and accept credit and debit cards.
- Mountain and coastal walking
- Quiet location within walking distance of the local village and well known Applecross Inn
- Outstanding views from the lounge over the sea to Skye and the Cuillins
|Price Range:||£415 - £715|
|Location:||Applecross peninsula -Wester Ross|
More Properties in this Region
- Stoer Lodge
- Taigh Fiodha
- Rowan Cottage - Arrina
- Woodside Lodge
- Kinloch Damph Lodge
- Bayside Cottage
- Cuaig Croft
- Ardoch Bothy
- Little Aird Hill
- Ceol na Mara
- Gracie's Cottage
- Charleston House
- Stac Polly
- Hill Cottage
- Tigh A Chreagan
- The Bothy
- Swallow Byre
- Pine Lodge
- Highland Coach House
- Macrae Croft
- Garden Cottage
- Locholly Lodge
- Campbell House