Skye Woodhouse Self Catering
Skye & Lochalsh
Skye Woodhouse, Glendale, Isle of Skye, Sleeps 6+2
The Skye Woodhouse is located at Lower Milovaig, just a short distance from the village of Glendale, this area in the north west corner of the island is known as the Duirnish peninsula. The views from the property of Dunvegan Head and the Outer Hebrides are quite spectacular.
The larch clad property designed by an award winning Scottish architectural practice has been based on the style of a traditional Scottish longhouse. Built in a simple but stunning design the property blends with the environment of the area. The property has been tastefully furnished with an eclectic mix of antique and modern furniture, and has been equipped to a high standard by the owners.
The spacious double height open plan living and dining room, has floor to ceiling windows, which can be slid open, enabling access to the large outside exterior decking area, perfect for chilling out and enjoying the sunsets. Throughout the ground floor of the property, solid oak flooring is gently heated by an eco-friendly energy system. This is complemented by a wood burning stove in the living room, which keeps the house warm even on the coldest of nights. A well equipped kitchen, utility room, two bedrooms, a king with an en-suite shower room, a bedroom with bunks and a master bathroom, completes the downstairs.
Upstairs the property has an additional two bedrooms, a king with an en-suite shower room, and a twin bedded room, both with stunning views of the sea and surrounding area.
- Double height lounge/dining room with large sliding windows overlooking the sea, access to exterior decked area, wood burning stove, Sky+ TV, DVD, CD, radio, ipod docking station. Dining table and seating for eight.
- Kitchen and utilty room, electric hob and oven, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer. A selection of cooking equipment and all the usual crockery will be available, ironing facilities.
- King size bedroom, floor to ceiling windows, sea & loch views, en-suite shower room, wc, whb, heated towel rail, shaver socket, hairdryer.
- Bedroom with bunks only suitable for children, floor to ceiling windows, sea & loch views,
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, wc, whb, heated towel rail, shaver socket.
- Oak flooring with underfloor heating throughout ground floor.
- Full length outside decked area.
- King size bedroom, sea & loch views, en-suite shower room, wc, whb, heated towel rail, shaver socket.
- Twin bedroom, sea & loch views.
Please note although the property will sleep 8 it will only accommodate 6 adults as the bunk beds are not suitable for adults.
Included in the price
- Bed linen and towels.
- Electricity and 1 bag of logs provided.
Other Facilities Available
- WiFi internet access.
- Indoor drying facilities.
- Cot and high chair available.
Good housekeeping deposit of £100.00 required.
- Stunning views of Dunvegan Head and the Outer Hebrides.
- Contemporary property in an open croft setting.
- Coastal and hill walking.
|Price Range:||£700 - £1025|
|Location:||Glendale - Isle of Skye|
Other Large Properties
More Properties in this Region
- An Slinnean
- Pooltiel House
- Torvaig Cottage
- Black Shed
- Katie's Cottage
- Taigh Druim
- Old Post Office
- White-Tail Croft
- Eilean Mor
- Port Elgol Cottage
- Henderson House
- The Orchids
- Tigh Nighean Bhan
- An Acail
- Leachachan Barn
- Matheson's Croft House
- Moll House
- An Airidh
- Timber House