Garden Cottage Self Catering
Northern Highlands, Wester Ross & Easter Ross
Garden Cottage, Lochcarron Holiday Cottage, Scotland, Sleeps 4.
Pets Welcome & Wood Burning Stove
Tucked away in the small hamlet of Achnashellach, this charming cottage with its mature garden makes a perfect base for exploring the west coast region. For walkers the property sits at the foot of Fuar Tholl and is close to various Munros. The property sleeps four, however for a larger family or for a group of friends we do have another property at the same location, sleeping four, called The Bothy.
The cottage is arranged over two floors with space enough for everyone to find a place to relax. All the rooms enjoy views to the gardens and on the lower level have oak flooring and under floor heating. Off the main hall the sitting room complete with a wood burner, is furnished with comfortable seating and is perfect for relaxing in after a day exploring. Leading from the hall takes you to the dining room and through to a study/playroom complete with a piano. To the rear of the property the well equipped kitchen and a small utility/drying area can be found, these completing the accommodation on this level.
On the upper level guests will find two bedrooms; the master with a king size bed, and a twin room, a bathroom completes the facilities. Outside guests can sit and relax and enjoy the spacious garden and the sound of the waterfall on the Lair River which runs near the property. Guests with young children should though be cautious as the garden is not fully enclosed. The garden is home to a variety of wildlife and the occasional deer can often be spotted.
The Kyle of Lochalsh Railway line runs close to the property, and Achnashellach Station can be found just a short walk up the drive. The line runs from Inverness in the east to Kyle of Lochalsh on the west. The route of the line runs through some of the most spectacular scenery in Scotland, and with up to four trains a day, a trip on the line is always recommended.
The nearest village to the property is Lochcarron (8 miles), facilities in the village include, a small supermarket, butchers shop, petrol station, a couple of restaurants, and a hotel bar. Further afield Kyle of Lochalsh (26 miles) offers a wider range of facilities, and from here it is just a short distance to the bridge to the Isle of Skye. The island offers a diverse range of attactions and is an ideal location for a day out.
- Sitting room, comfortable seating, Freesat TV, DVD/CD/Radio, multi fuel stove.
- Dining room with table and seating for six.
- Playroom/study with french doors overlooking the garden.
- Fitted kitchen with gas hob, electric oven and grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, and all the usual kitchen equipment.
- Drying room with washing machine.
- Master bedroom with coombed ceilings, king size bed, garden view.
- Twin bedroom, coombed ceilings, garden view.
- Bathroom with bath, powerful hydrostatic shower over, wc, whb, under floor heating, heated towels rail.
Included in the price
- All bed linen and towels.
- Under floor heating, electricity costs.
- Whole of house ventilation system.
- Initial fuel for the open fire/wood burner, additional fuel can be purchased locally.
- WiFi internet access, bring your own laptop.
- Garden with furniture.
- Indoor drying and ironing facilities.
- Hair dryer.
- Cot and highchair available by arrangement.
- Parking for three cars.
Two pets are accepted, however the garden area is not fully enclosed.
Due to the location of the property the satellite television signal can sometimes be affected by high winds and the tall trees surrounding the property.
Mobile Phone Reception
Due to the location mobile coverage may be limited or even unavailable.
Good Housekeeping Deposit
A £100.00 Good Housekeeping Deposit is required at the property.
- Remote and isolated west coast location for unbeatable wilderness holidays
- Direct access to the surrounding hills for walking.
- Village amenties at Lochcarron eight miles away.
|Price Range:||£510 - £590|
|Location:||Achnashellach - Lochcarron - Wester Ross|
More Properties in this Region
- Stac Polly
- Campbell House
- Bayside Cottage
- The Bothy
- Ceol na Mara
- Ardoch Bothy
- Macrae Croft
- Tigh A Chreagan
- Little Aird Hill
- Locholly Lodge
- Charleston House
- Gracie's Cottage
- Kinloch Damph Lodge
- Taigh Fiodha
- Pine Lodge
- Rowan Cottage - Arrina
- Woodside Lodge
- Cuaig Croft
- Stoer Lodge
- Swallow Byre
- Hill Cottage