Drovers Self Catering
Drumnadrochit, Glenurquhart, Strathglass & Beauly
Prices on our booking system are for the full house - parties of 7 - 12 people. For smaller party of 6 or less a discount will be given, see special offer.
On the original footprint of the old drovers cottage 'Drovers' sits in a commanding position high in the hills above Loch Ness. The property has recently been extended and renovated by the present owner and is an perfect base for a large family or for a group of friends. Ideally situated in a quiet location and enjoying outstanding views the property benefits from having the amenities of Drumnadrochit in close proximity.
The property inside is painted in a neutral palate, and is modern, spacious and light. The lounge in the newly extended part of the house has been designed in order to make the most of the views. Floor to ceiling windows offer expansive views of Loch Ness below and south to Fort Augustus and north to the top end of the loch. This house has been designed very much as a retreat, and the owner has furnished the property with quality furniture and the bedrooms equipped with beautiful bed linens, quality towels and soft furnishings.
On entering the property the lounge designed to accommodate a large group has wood flooring and beautiful sofas and armchairs. A focal point of the room is the wood burning stove with the floor to ceiling windows on either side. Off the lounge a large dining area with a table suitable for twelve is ideal for a relaxed or more formal dining occasion. A small “Snug” area off the dining area has a flat screen TV and armchairs, ideal for those wanting to catch up with the outside world or ideal with guests with children. The property also benefits from having wi-fi internet access throughout.
A large well equipped kitchen with cream shaker style units has everything an avid chef would require, including a range style cooker and full size fridge and freezer. The owner has also provided some cook books and a fantastic selection of dinner and glassware. Further facilities downstairs include two bedrooms both situated at the front of the property and again offering fantastic views of the loch. Bedroom one, a double with a king-size bed has an en-suite shower room, and bedroom two which is a twin has an en–suite bathroom with bath and separate shower. An entrance hall located to the back of the property offers access to the gravelled rear garden, a small cloakroom completes the facilities on this level.
The upper level accommodates a further three bedrooms. The master situated above the lounge has beautiful juliet style floor to ceiling windows that open fully to allow views to the loch below. This room is furnished with a king-size bed and benefits from having an en-suite shower room. Another bedroom again a double, has a king-size bed and a cot, and an en-suite bathroom. The final bedroom is large and could be used as a family room, it has twin beds and additional pull out single beds for two. An adjacent shower room completes the facilities.
Outside the grounds have various areas for guests to sit and relax, the patio areas can be accessed from either side of the lounge and are furnished with good quality garden furniture and a BBQ. Other areas include a spectacular raised decked area designed and positioned to enjoy the views of Loch Ness below. Small children are not forgotten either with the owners providing a quality wooden wendy house for their enjoyment.
The small village of Drumnadrochit is within a two mile drive, the village has a small selection of shops and restaurants, and the Loch Ness Monster Exhibition. One particular popular restaurant is the Loch Ness Inn, which is renowned for its quality food and guest beers including some from the Cairngorm Brewery.
Ground floor level
- Large lounge with views down to Loch Ness, sofas and armchairs, wood burning stove, direct access to outside patio areas.
- Dining area with table and chairs for twelve.
- Small "snug" area with armchairs, flat screen satellite TV (Sky Basic Package), WiFi, DVD, Video and selection of books and games.
- Fully fitted kitchen, range style cooker with gas hob & electric ovens, fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble drier, and all the usual kitchen equipment.
- Bedroom with king size bed, en-suite shower room with large shower, wc, whb, heated towel rail, views to the front of the property.
- Bedroom with twin beds, en-suite bathroom with bath, large shower, wc, whb, heated towel rail, views to the front of the property.
- Cloakroom with wc, whb, heated towel rail.
- Rear hall with access to outside area.
- Bedroom with king size bed, en-suite shower room, large shower, wc, whb, heated towel rail, juliet style windows to the front with views down towards Loch Ness.
- Bedroom with twin beds, * additional two full size guest beds.
- Shower room, shower, wc, whb, heated towel rail.
- Bedroom with king size bed, TV with freeview, en-suite bathroom with bath, shower spray attachment, wc, whb, heated towel rail.
Small and large parties bedroom specification
Parties of up to 6 - please specify bedrooms required maximum of 3.
Parties of 7 - 12 - all beds will be made up.
- Outside garden area with patio and large raised deck.
- Garden furniture and large gas BBQ.
- Wendy house suitable for small children.
- Indoor and outdoor drying areas.
- Hair Dryers.
- Ironing facilities.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Fire guard available for the wood burner.
- Parking for up to five cars.
Included in the price
- Bed linen and towels.
- Luxury Scottish soap, shower gel & shampoo
- Electricity and oil fired heating, initial logs for the wood burner.
- WiFi Internet access, bring your own laptop.
Good Housekeeping Deposit
A Good Housekeeping Deposit of £200.00 will be required.
- Large and spacious house with village amenities close to hand.
- Stunning rural setting with loch views.
- An ideal base to explore the Inverness and Loch Ness region.
Small Party Discount
For parties of up to six guests
4 night short breaks available from £896.00.
Based on a three bedroom layout.
Please phone for more details.
Small Party Discount
For parties of up to six guests
20% Discount on the full house rate, based on a three bedroom layout.
Excludes the period 29th March - 13th April and the Festive Weeks
Available from: 05/01/2013 to 20/12/2013
Offer Code: 652-2148B271
|Price Range:||£1400 - £1800|
|Location:||Drumnadrochit - Loch Ness|