Charleston House Self Catering
Northern Highlands, Wester Ross & Easter Ross
Charleston House, Charleston, Gairloch, wood burner, sleeps 10, pet welcome
Charleston House is located in the small hamlet of Charleston, the property sits in a commanding position overlooking the bay and opposite Gairloch Harbour. The property dates back to 1776, making it the oldest building in the vicinity, it is listed with Historic Scotland. Located over three floors the property is large and spacious and would make an ideal base for a large family or for a group of friends. The property has been newly renovated by the present owner and retains much of its original character and features, and throughout it is well equipped and furnished.
Entering the property through a spacious hall area, stairs lead down to the ground floor and up to the first floor. On the ground floor guests will find a large dining area complete with a table and seating to accommodate ten, off this room the snug can be found, this room being particularly unusual as it has its own purpose built bar. The snug also benefits from having a wood burner, ideal for relaxing in after a day exploring. The kitchen at the other end has everything you would need to cater for a small or large group, including a steam oven and a large range style cooker.
On the first floor guests will find a well appointed sitting room together with a couple of the bedrooms, all these rooms benefiting from views to the front of the property and the bay below. The sitting room is furnished with comfortable sofas and has a digital television with a SKY package. The master bedroom has a king size bed and an en-suite bathroom with a roll top bath and separate shower. The twin has an en-suite shower room. A small cloak room completes the facilities on this level.
On the upper level the final three bedrooms are located; two double bedrooms and a twin, the upper level bedrooms all have traditional combed ceilings, and all benefit from having either an en-suite shower room or a bathroom and all overlook the harbour. The larger of the doubles has a unique en-suite with a roll top bath, which allows the bather to enjoy the views across the bay.
Charleston itself has a small shop, cafe, an art gallery and the Old Inn is just a five minute walk away, well known in the area the Inn uses the best of the local ingredients including the fabulous local seafood. Gairloch village itself offers a good range of cafes, restaurants and shops and other attractions, such as pony trekking. The harbour area is within walking distance of the property and from here guests can enjoy sea fishing and whale spotting trips, or an excursion on a glass bottom boat.
Further afield ideal locations for a day out are Loch Maree with its fantastic scenery and Inverewe Gardens (National Trust for Scotland). Located six miles north of the village, the gardens are filled with exotic flowers from around the world, and with the added advantage of a restaurant and a retail shop, this attraction is always a popular choice.
- Large reception hall ideal for boot and outdoor clothing storage.
- Dining room with table and seating for ten.
- Kitchen, gas double oven with six rings, steamer/broiler (excellent for seafood), microwave, fridge, dishwasher, radio, and all the usual kitchen equipment.
- Snug area with purpose built bar, wood burning stove, CD/mini disc player.
- Outside utility area housing the washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Sitting room with comfortable sofas, electric fire, TV with Sky digital package, DVD. Views to the front of the property.
- Twin bedroom, en-suite shower room with wc and whb. TV with freeview.
- King size bedroom, en-suite bathroom with roll top bath, separate shower, wc, whb.
- Two cloak rooms, wc, whb.
- Double bedroom, en-suite bathroom, roll top bath, wc and whb. TV with freeview.
- Double bedroom, en-suite shower room, wc and whb. TV with freeview.
- Twin bedroom, en-suite shower room, wc and whb. TV with freeview.
- Small garden area with furniture.
- Off road parking for six cars
- Lockable storage area suitable for bicycles.
Included in the rent
- Bed linen and towels.
- Ironing facilities.
- Indoor and outdoor drying facilities.
- Hair dryer.
- Electricity and oil fired central heating.
- Initial fuel for the wood burner, additional can be purchased locally.
- Cot, high chair, baby bath and stairgate.
- Wifi internet access, bring your own laptop.
Good Housekeeping Deposit of £200.00 required.
- Walking distance to local restaurant - Old Inn.
- Lovely views of the surrounding loch.
- Ideally situated with amenities of Gairloch close to hand.
- A fabulous house for a large family or for a group of friends.
Save £165 on remaining June weeks
All June weeks now £935 was £1100, save £165
Available from: 01/06/2013 to 29/06/2013
Offer Code: 730-28C2013
|Price Range:||£850 - £1400|
Other Large Properties
More Properties in this Region
- Pine Lodge
- Tigh A Chreagan
- Locholly Lodge
- Hill Cottage
- Rowan Cottage - Arrina
- Garden Cottage
- Campbell House
- The Bothy
- Gracie's Cottage
- Stac Polly
- Ceol na Mara
- Stoer Lodge
- Little Aird Hill
- Swallow Byre
- Woodside Lodge
- Bayside Cottage
- Macrae Croft
- Highland Coach House
- Cuaig Croft
- Ardoch Bothy
- Taigh Fiodha
- Kinloch Damph Lodge