An Slinnean Self Catering
Skye & Lochalsh
An Slinnean, Staffin Holiday Cottage, Sleeps 4
Sorry No pets
An Slinnean sits in an elevated position and enjoys panoramic views across to the Trotternish Ridge and out across to Staffin Bay. This unique cottage is newly refurbished and provides the perfect base for exploring this part of the island. The property has been furnished throughout with an eclectic mix of modern and traditional furniture, and has been elegantly styled with a vintage look. Equipped to a high standard, An Slinnean is located on a traditional working croft and benefits from village amenities, which are within walking distance.
The property has a traditional cottage layout inside with the sitting room, kitchen and bathroom on the ground floor, and the two bedrooms, a double and a twin on the upper. On entering you really do feel as if you have stepped back in time, from the striking wooden flooring to the panelled sitting room walls, this property really does ooze style, with an object or a feature to admire in every corner. The sitting room has comfortable seating, including a window seat, an ideal place to sit and enjoy the views to the garden, and the views beyond, a wood burner takes pride of place, and is ideal for those milder nights.
The kitchen and dining room is equipped with all the usual appliances including a vintage cooker, a Belfast sink, and a dining table and seating for four. The bathroom has a bath with shower over and this completes the accomodation on this level. On the upper level both bedrooms have traditional coombed ceilings and enjoy views down to the bay. Both bedrooms are furnished with cast iron beds, and the owner has provided quality bed linen and towels for guests. Outside the garden has garden furniture and a barbeque, ideal for a bit of alfresco dining after a day exploring.
Trotternish is the most northerly peninsula on the island and its landscape is striking and unusual. Driving north from Portree you cannot help but notice the dramatic rock structure at The Storr and The Old Man of Storr. The outcrops here have formed the subject for many a photograph, and the location ideal for walking. Travelling on, further places of interest are the 200ft cliffs at Kilt Rock, which are covered in a tartan like pattern, and the Quirang.
Staffin itself offers boat and fishing trips, run by Staffin Bay Cruises, and a small museum, best known for its collection of Dinosaur remains found in the area. Further afield Portree is just a twenty minute drive away, and offers a good range of cafes, restaurants and shops. For the more adventurous perhaps visit Skye’s Outdoor Centre, Whitewave, which offers kayaking and other outdoor activities.
- Sitting room with comfortable sofa, armchairs, wood burner, Freeview TV, DVD Player, radio.
- Kitchen with vintage gas cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer machine/dryer, slow cokker, and all the usual kitchen equipment, dining table and seating for four.
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, wc, whb.
- Master bedroom with coombed ceilings, double bed, velux windows with views to the Minch and Trotternish Ridge.
- Twin bedroom, coombed ceilings, velux windows with views.
Included in the price
- All bed linen and towels.
- Electricity and heating.
- Initial logs for the wood burner, additional including coal, via honesty box.
- Garden with garden furniture and barbeque.
- Indoor and outdoor drying facilities.
- Hair dryer.
- Cot and highchair available on request.
- Parking for two cars.
Good Housekeeping Deposit
A Good Housekeeping Deposit of £75.00 is required at this property.
- Traditional property retaining much of its original character.
- Village amenties available within walking distance.
- Panoramic views across to the Trotternish Ridge and out towards Staffin Bay.
|Price Range:||£395 - £650|
|Location:||Staffin - Isle of Skye|
More Properties in this Region
- Taigh Druim
- Timber House
- Port Elgol Cottage
- An Airidh
- Katie's Cottage
- Skye Woodhouse
- Henderson House
- Pooltiel House
- The Orchids
- An Acail
- Tigh Nighean Bhan
- Leachachan Barn
- Eilean Mor
- Torvaig Cottage
- Matheson's Croft House
- Old Post Office
- White-Tail Croft
- Black Shed
- Moll House