Lianachan Self Catering
Fort Augustus & South Loch Ness
Lianachan - self catering cottage - Sleeps 4 (3+1) overlooking Loch Faraline and set in over an acre of garden. Pet friendly. Near Loch Ness. STB 4*'s.
This is an exclusive two bedroom self catering luxury holiday cottage of traditional Scottish highlands style. Designed and built with you in mind, to exceed all your expectations for a truly comfortable quality holiday cottage, that is an ideal honeymoon or family holiday destination. Equipped to the very highest standard and awarded Scottish Tourist Board 4 star quality. Situated on the outskirts of the quiet village of Errogie overlooking Loch Farraline in the sparsely populated area of Stratherrick, 3 miles from Loch Ness. Lianachan (Gaelic for 'Little meadow') enjoys a sunny position on a brae in its own acre of meadow and rock garden, with picture postcard views to all points of the compass, that are guaranteed to take your breath away.
Particularly stunning are the views across Loch Farraline to the high tops of the Monadliath mountains, and this is from the comfort of your deep armchair. To the west of the cottage, rising up above the Farigaig forest, the ridge of the Great Glen can be seen, where steep slopes tumble down to the shores of Loch Ness, three miles away. The whole area is a haven for wildlife and Lianachan is a wonderful vantage point from which to see them, watch out for thr Roe deer in the garden. Completely safe for children and pets, the meadow garden is fenced and gated and set back from, and out of sight of the quiet road.
Seventeen miles from Inverness and sixteen miles to Fort Augustus, Lianachan (pronounced Leer-nach-hann) is in a central position for touring the Highlands, and is within easy reach of the West coast, Aviemore, and the Morayshire coast, famous for its dolphins, picturesque fishing villages and long sandy beaches. For those of you wanting a winter holiday the ski slopes of Cairngorm and Aonach Mor are just 45 minutes drive.
For the birdwatchers, the RSPB reserve at Ruthven is just 6 miles away - Breeding grounds for Slavonian Grebe. Walkers and cyclists can enjoy the South Loch Ness Trail, it stretches for approximately 28 miles between Loch Tarff near Fort Augustus to Torbreck on the edge of Inverness via Whitebridge, Foyers, Inverfarigaig and Dores.
If you are booking for a honeymoon, wedding anniversary, birthday or just for a special occasion and would like to treat your loved one to champagne, chocolates, flowers or whatever. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and we will arrange this for your arrival.
- Comfortable open plan living area with leather 2 seater sofas, the large window takes in the stunning views of Loch Faraline and the Monadliath mountains beyond. Living flame gas fire, digital television with sky movie channels, DVD and video. Mini Hi Fi system. Wireless internet connection (bring your own laptop).
- The kitchen complete with Neff appliances includes, electric oven, grill, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, and ironing facilities. Kettle, toaster, slow cooker and full compliment of utensils completes the kitchen equipment.
- Two bedrooms with fitted wardrobes deep wool carpets. Both the double bedded and second bedroom have fine views to hill and forest. The second bedroom has a single bed with a pull out companion bed, (suitable for a child) which makes 2 singles.
- A hairdryer is provided and a cot and highchair are available if required.
- The luxury tiled bathroom is equipped with shower over bath, a basin and toilet. Airing cupboard and shaver point. Heated towel rail.
Included in the price
- The holiday cottage is fully insulated and double glazed.
- Bed linen. - All beds are provided with duvets and two pillows per person. For your comfort we have included feather duvets throughout. (If you have an alergy too feathers we do have non-allergenic quilts. Please request at the time of booking.)
- Electricity - The electric central heating throughout is complemented by a living flame gas fire in the lounge, for those cosy nights in. Hot water by immersion heater.
- Large 1 acre fenced garden, set back from the road and with open aspect.
- Barbecue and garden furniture.
- Generous parking area.
One pet very welcome. We will allow two dogs depending on the size, so please phone to enquire.
Good Housekeeping Deposit of £75.00 required.
- Outstanding views of Loch Faraline and the Monadliath mountains
- Extensive lawns for the kids to play. Pets (one dog only) are welcome
- Enviromentally friendly, walkers and cyclists welcome
|Price Range:||£350 - £595|
|Location:||Errogie - South Loch Ness|
More Properties in this Region
- Woodpecker Pad
- Old Lock Keepers Cottage
- Cameron's Cottage
- Gate House
- Hill Head Croft
- Coach House
- Log House
- Allt a'Mhuilinn
- Old Schoolhouse
- Owl Cottage
- Lus na Gaoithe
- The Coltsfoots
- The Haven
- Rowan Ridge