Hillview Cottage Self Catering
Drumnadrochit, Glenurquhart, Strathglass & Beauly
Hillview - self catering holiday cottage, Lewiston - Loch Ness, sleeps 4, Open fire, 2 pets welcome.
Hillview Cottage is a cosy, comfortable traditional Scottish cottage dating back to 1852, which has been modernised to a high standard. Located in the peaceful Loch Ness-side village of Lewiston, near Drumnadrochit, which is one of the oldest villages in Scotland and within walking distance of the shores of Loch Ness. The cottage is open all year and is an ideal family holiday cottage and represents good value for money accommodation, with much to see and do in the area for all the family. Lewiston is an ideal location for your Scottish Highlands holiday, being a great activity centre, but also with easy access to a wide range of things to do and see for both adults and children alike. The cottage is only 200 yards from the Great Glen Way (walking and cycling ) and is ideal for holidays and short breaks all year round.
Lewiston is a perfect walking, mountain biking and touring base, being close to the world famous Loch Ness and in the heart of the Scottish Highlands. There is also an excellent horse riding stables nearby, suitable for both beginners and experienced riders.Hillview cottage is just half mile from the village of Drumnadrochit (with shops, a post office, hotel, restaurants, pubs, and the Loch Ness visitor Centre) and only 1 mile from Urquhart Castle - one of the top visitor attractions in Scotland overlooking Loch Ness, with it's own exhibition and interpretation centre. It is only about three quarters of a mile walk to the shores of Loch Ness for a picnic and some Nessie spotting in the famous Urquhart Bay!!
There are also a number of high and low level circular hillwalks right from the cottage's front door. The Great Glen Way, the 73 mile long distance path from Fort William to Inverness, passes close to the cottage. This allows visitors to explore sections of it and perhaps complete it in stages if return transport is organised. Glen Affric is just a half hour drive away a veritable playground for serious Scottish Mountain walking.
Lewiston is just 1 hours drive from the famous West Coast hub of Fort William (all facilities) and Ben Nevis (the highest mountain in the UK). Here is access to Mull and Mallaig (with car ferry to Skye) - and don't miss the world famous Fort William to Mallaig steam train journey of Harry Potter Fame!! From Fort William it is also a short drive to scenic Glencoe, Oban and Mull of Kintyre. From Lewiston heading north west, you can access the breathtaking wilderness areas to the north such as Torridon, Gairloch, Poolewe, Ullapool, Lochinver, Kinlochbervie and Durness, these being some of the remotest and unspoilt areas of Europe and boasting some of the finest beaches and hill walking areas in the country.
You may wish to holiday with family/friends, if so, we have Taigh Geal cottage, just across road. Sleeps 2
- Spacious lounge with open fire, polished floor boards, colour TV, DVD, CD and radio.
- Modern fitted kitchen/diner, with washing machine, tumble dryer, gas hob, electric oven, microwave, toaster, and ironing facilities.
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room. Hairdryer.
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with a deep bath - best, perhaps, for a relaxing soak after a strenuous day on the hill.
Included in the price
- Bed linen.
- Electricity, gas and fuel for the fire.
- Gas Central heating throughout the cottage keeps it warm and cosy throughout the year.
- Large enclosed garden with paved barbecue area and garden furniture. Childrens swing, Wendy house and bikes.
- Secure shed for bike storage.
- Private off street parking for 2 cars.
Good Housekeeping Deposit of £75.00 required.
- Perfect base for walking holidays, with many walks possible from the door
- Loch Ness is just a short walk from the holiday cottage
- Bars and shops and restaurants at Drumnadrochit are within walking distance
Single storey cottage
|Price Range:||£385 - £595|
|Location:||Drumnadrochit - Loch Ness|