Log House Self Catering
Fort Augustus & South Loch Ness
Log House, Fort Augustus, Loch Ness, sleeps 4, Log Fire, Pet Welcome
This beautiful self catering building is an authentic log cabin, built by Canadian foresters in 1980 It took them 2 years to take whole logs from the local forest and knit them all together to make the present day comfortable, and very cosy 2 bedroomed cabin situated in the forest 2 miles from the centre of the Loch Ness side village of Fort Augustus, in the heart of the Great Glen. Many guests return year after year just to spend time in this unique log cabin. Understandably, given its superb setting and central location, (Fort Augustus is in the geographical centre of the Highlands of Scotland) this is one of the most popular holiday choices in the Highlands. Through the village runs the River Oich and the picturesque Caledonian canal and lock system, built by Thomas Telford in the early 1800's.
Set in the forest with only 2 other houses nearby. Close to the Great Glen cycle way and many miles of forest and hill trails. The cottage is warm and cosy throughout the year and is an ideal retreat for those wanting to spend some time walking, relaxing, and for quietly pursuing your favourite pastimes.There are many forest and hill walks from the doorstep. The River Oich riverside walk is only three quarters of a mile away, and a walk to the nearest pubs and restaurants in the village of Fort Augustus is one and half miles. The proximity to attractions also makes this a favourite destination for young families. With Fort William (Ben Nevis) and Inverness, only an hour away by car. The West coast also only a little over an hours drive.
If your heart is set on a holiday in a log cabin and The Log House is booked then why not have a look our similar properties that can be found on the Log Cabins page.
- Open plan interior, log walls throughout and double glazing. LPG gas central heating with the addition of a multi fuel stove.
- Lounge with TV, DVD and video, CD radio and a multi fuel stove, lovely atmosphere especially during the winter. There is a dining area at one end of the lounge.
- Kitchen includes, electric oven, hob, and grill, a washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, and ironing facilities.
- Master bedroom with a double bed.
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom, includes a bath with a shower over and a shaving point.
Included in the price
- Bed linen
- Electricity, LPG gas and fuel for the stove.
- Wifi internet access.
One pet is allowed at the property.
Good Housekeeping Deposit
A Good Housekeeping Deposit of £75.00 is required at the property.
- Loch Ness close by and the Mountains, wonderful walks in quiet woodland and on the open hills, from the doorstep
- Very close to the Great Glen cycle route, so don't forget to bring the mountain bike!
- Bars, shops, and restaurants within walking distance.
June Weeks Reduced -Save £105 per week
Was £625 now £520 - Save £105
Available from: 01/06/2013 to 29/06/2013
Offer Code: 716-78B2007
|Price Range:||£350 - £625|
|Location:||Auchterawe - Fort Augustus - Loch Ness|
More Properties in this Region
- Old Schoolhouse
- Owl Cottage
- Old Lock Keepers Cottage
- The Coltsfoots
- Cameron's Cottage
- Rowan Ridge
- Coach House
- Allt a'Mhuilinn
- Lus na Gaoithe
- Woodpecker Pad
- Hill Head Croft
- The Haven
- Gate House