Taigh Geal Self Catering
Drumnadrochit, Glenurquhart, Strathglass & Beauly
Taigh Geal - Lewiston - Loch Ness. Self catering cottage for 2, wood burning stove, pets welcome.
Taigh Geal (the Gaelic meaning is 'White House' and is pronounced Tie Gale) is the perfect choice for couples wishing to holiday in go self catering accommodation. Quiet and private, the cottage is within easy walking distance of Urquhart Castle, Loch Ness and the shops, bars and visitor attractions of Drumnadrochit. Pet friendly too - the cottage owners are dog owners so understand the need for pet friendly accommodation and provide it here at Taigh Geal for well behaved dogs and owners!
Location wise, Taigh Geal is ideal for visiting the other main centres around Loch Ness, being midway between Fort Augustus and Inverness. The cottage itself is situated in Lewiston village and, true to its Gaelic name, is painted white and built traditionally in stone, now renovated to a high standard.
The garden is also delightful - mostly lawns giving way to natural meadows which host a profusion of wild flowers, bluebells, primroses and many others as you are drawn all the way down to the river Coiltie at the bottom of the garden. There is a bench here on the riverbank where you can sit quietly and wait to see any passing wildlife and there is much of it here for patient onlookers. There is an area of raised decking situated near the back door - a real sun trap and a perfect barbecue area.
Just across the river runs the Great Glen Way, a long distance path which runs from Inverness to Fort William. You will get some great views and exercise by walking a section of this trail during your holiday AND you don't need the car - you can leave it safely parked in the cottage private parking space for the whole week if you like ! It will, no doubt, be a bonus for pet owners, to be able to take the dog for a walk without having to drive to the start point. It is for you, an essential requirement for a holiday cottage, wherever it is.
- Small and cosy lounge with a real log fire keeps the whole cottage warm and provides atmosphere during the colder months. TV, terrestrial reception, DVD, radio and CD.
- Kitchen with electric oven, grill and hob, fridge with a small freezer compartment, microwave oven, and ironing facilities.
- Laundry - there is a separate outbuilding with a washing machine and tumble dryer. Please note:- that because the water supply to the outbuilding may freeze between the months of November - March the washing machine will not be available during this period.
- Just one bedroom with a double bed.
- Bathroom with shower, shaving point, heated towel rail and hair drier.
- Electric heating.
- Barbecue and decking, garden furniture, fenced garden, washing line, parking for 2 cars and riverbank seats.
- Towels may be hired at £5.00 per set.
Included in the price
- Bed linen
- Fuel for the fire.
Cot and highchair for couples with a small child.
Two pets welcome. Garden enclosed to the rear of the property.
Good Housekeeping Deposit of £75.00 required.
- Ideal self catering for couples small and cosy with a real log fire and close to shops
- Pet friendly accommodation lots of walks on the doorstep
- Great location for touring Loch Ness and the Highlands of Scotland
|Price Range:||£300 - £495|
|Location:||Drumnadrochit - Loch Ness|