Creag nah Iolaire Self Catering
Creag nah Iolaire
Drumnadrochit, Glenurquhart, Strathglass & Beauly
Creag nah Iolaire cottage, Borlum, Drumnadrochit, sleeps 6 + 5 using the barn. One pet is welcome. STB 4*'s.
Wilderness cottages are thrilled to be able to offer you this traditionally built self catering cottage overlooking Loch Ness at Borlum Farm, Drumnadrochit.
Creag nah Iolaire - well named, the 'Hill of the Eagles' self catering holiday cottage is perched up on the side of the hill at Strone, high above the Loch Ness side village of Drumnadrochit and has unique and breathtaking views over Loch Ness and up Glenurquhart to the distant mountains of Glen Affric. In fact, the view is panoramic! We can honestly say we have not seen better views of Loch Ness from a self catering cottage anywhere on Loch Ness! There isn't another cottage like it anywhere around Loch Ness, but don't take our word for it - come and experience a holiday here for yourself. You can go on lovely walks straight from your door, or just spend the week drinking in the scenery. It is just a short drive to the bars, restaurants and shops of Drumnadrochit or to picnic on the shores of loch Ness.
The central location of Drumnadrochit is ideal for exploring both the immediate area and further afield, with plenty of scope to take a different route each day. Inverness offers a good shopping centre, as well as golf, swimming pool, cinema, museums and theatre. Skye and the west coast are easily accessible for a day trip.
The nearby horse riding centre is popular for all ages and abilities. The “Highland Riding Centre”, gives visitors the opportunity to use the excellent facilities available and take part in one of many unique rides.
The sitting room, dining and kitchen area are open plan and are in a cruciform shape. The natural maple floor is lovely and warm and spans a large area of floor space. The baby grand piano is popular with musicians and the huge windows overlooking the loch and glen, for gazing out upon the spectacular vista, are popular with everyone!
- Kitchen is fully equipped, including microwave, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, fridge freezer, electric range cooker, food processor etc. Ironing facilities available.
- Lounge with Colour TV, DVD, music centre and video recorder make wet weather easier, although gazing at the view even in the rain is wonderful while you are warm and dry inside.
There is a wood-burning stove for added atmosphere. Logs are included, coal can be obtained from the owners at cost price.
- Dining area with spectacular views along Loch Ness.
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room. Hair dryer.
- Two twin bedrooms - The larger twin has a sitting area with incredible views of Loch Ness.
- Bathroom with bath wash hand basin and wc.
Please Note -
As the property is of a traditional style the staircase leading to the bedrooms is quite steep and would need to be taken with care, especially with young children and may not be suitable for the less able person.
Included in the price
- Bed linen (The owners have provided quality feather duvets and pillows for your comfort)
- Electricity and some logs for the fire. Heating is by off peak storage heaters.
- WiFi internet access, please bring your own laptop.
- Garden furniture is provided.
Sorry towels are not available.
Sorry no cot or high chair available.
One dog is welcome but must be well behaved and under close supervision at all times. The owners will be happy to help you with walks and information of where to exercise your dogs.
Other Facilities Available
Annexed to the property (approximately 20 yards away) is a converted barn, which can provide 'rustic' accommodation for a further five people at extra cost. Prices on application.
The barn has a bathroom with shower, wc and hand basin. There is one double room and a large family room with three single beds. This part of the property is normally only available from May - October. If you want to bring a large party of people out of season, please ask. The barn is only let as extra accommodation for large parties staying at Creag Iolaire so your privacy is guaranteed!
Good Housekeeping Deposit of £75.00 required.
- Stunning views of Loch Ness.
- Perfect place for a riding holiday! The stables were established as a riding centre in 1963. Beginners, novices and experienced riders are all welcome.
- Perfect place for a monster spotting holiday! Nessie spotters are welcome and you will see lots of other wildlife also.
Was £673 now £573 - Save £100
Available from: 01/06/2013 to 15/06/2013
Offer Code: 719-86B2015
|Price Range:||£426 - £913|
|Location:||Drumnadrochit - Loch Ness|