Mealishal Self Catering
Fort Augustus & South Loch Ness
Self catering at Dores, Loch Ness - sleeps 5 + 1 - log fire - 3 pets welcome. Loch Ness View.
Mealishal self catering cottage stands in an elevated position above the loch side village of Dores and has the most wonderful views of Loch Ness. The cottage is set in approximately an acre of secure gardens, mostly laid to lawn, so plenty of room for the children and dogs to play. There are even a couple of swings and a slide for the younger ones. The village, Dores Inn and the shores of Loch Ness are just 5 minutes walk but if it's city life you crave then the Highland capital, Inverness is 15 minutes by car and offers a large selection of quality restaurants and bars. The Dores Inn is open for lunch and dinner all year and, being only a short walk, you can wine and dine on the shores of Loch Ness without taking the car.
Mealishal is a 3 bedroom detached cottage and offers quality self catering accommodation for up to 6 people. It is an ideal base for touring the Highlands and the magnificent west coast with its white sandy beaches and the magical Isle of Skye are easily reached in a couple of hours, but with Loch Ness on your doorstep you may prefer to do a spot of Nessie watching. If its skiing you prefer then the Cairngorm mountain range and Aonach Mor are both within 1 hour’s drive of the cottage.
- Bright and cosy lounge with patio doors to the garden and a view of Loch Ness. Open fire. TV with Free view channels, DVD & CD. Wireless internet (please bring your laptop).
- Separate dining room to seat 6 comfortably, again with views over the loch.
- Fully equipped kitchen with a range cooker, electric double oven, grill and gas hob. Microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine and all the usual utensils.
- Downstairs shower room with electric shower, hand basin and w/c.
- The bedrooms have loch views and all have a hand basin fitted and plenty of wardrobe space.
- Master bedroom with king size bed. Double aspect windows. Hair dryer.
- Double room with window over looking the loch.
- Single room with pull out full size companion bed and double aspect windows.
- Bathroom with bath and shower over, handbasin and w/c.
- Laundry room with tumble dryer and ironing facilities.
Included in the price
- Bed linen and towels,
- A full basket of logs and a bucket of coal will be provided and some extra will be found in the outhouse.
- Oil fired central heating and double glazed throughout.
- The large fully enclosed garden has a seating area accessed via the patio doors from the lounge or from the rear door in the kitchen. BBQ is provided and a lovely swing to while away those evenings, watching the sun set over the mountains above Loch Ness. At the bottom of the garden a children's play area is available with 2 swings, climbing frame and a small slide. Badminton net will also be available.
- Garden shed for storing bikes, etc.
- Cot and highchair available.
Please Note:- If bringing small children the front garden has 2 ponds.
Parking for 2 cars.
Good Housekeeping Deposit of £75.00 required.
- Wonderful view of Loch Ness
- Fully enclosed 1 acre garden
- 5 minute walk to the lochside pub/restaurant, the Dores Inn, ideal to sit on the shore with a drink.
Due to a cancellation the week
6th - 13th July is now available
Price - £765.00
|Price Range:||£395 - £765|
|Location:||Dores - South Loch Ness|
More Properties in this Region
- Owl Cottage
- Woodpecker Pad
- Coach House
- The Haven
- Hill Head Croft
- Lus na Gaoithe
- Rowan Ridge
- Gate House
- Old Lock Keepers Cottage
- Log House
- Allt a'Mhuilinn
- Old Schoolhouse
- Cameron's Cottage
- The Coltsfoots