The Bothy Self Catering
Northern Highlands, Wester Ross & Easter Ross
The Bothy, Lochcarron Holiday Cottage, Sleeps 4
Pets Welcome and Open Fire
Nestled in a quiet location in the small hamlet of Achnashellach The Bothy makes an ideal base for exploring the west coast or perhaps hill walking on Fuar Tholl or one of the many Munros in the area. The property sleeps four, however for larger families or perhaps for a group of friends we have in the vicinity Garden Cottage sleeping four.
Inside this charming cottage on the ground floor guests will find the lounge, complete with leather sofas and a traditional open fire, a well-equipped kitchen, and a small utility area, complete the facilities on this level. On the upper level are two bedrooms and a bathroom, complete with a shower. The property enjoys views across mature gardens and guests are free to explore. At the bottom of the garden runs the Lair River and a picturesque waterfall. Guests with young children and pets should be aware that the garden is not fully enclosed.
Situated eight miles from the property is Lochcarron, the village has a couple of petrol stations, a supermarket, a butchers shop, and a couple of restaurants. Within a half hour of the property you will find Kyle of Lochalsh, for many years a ferry ran from here “over the sea to Skye” nowadays access to the island is via a bridge. The island makes an ideal destination for a day out to enjoy the ever changing scenery and its dramatic coastline.
The property sits at the foot of Fuar Tholl and offers direct access from the doorstep into the hills, ideal for a spot of walking no matter what your age or ability. For the more adventurous perhaps walk the Coulin Pass, this route at just over nine miles would take approximately 5-7 hours. The route passes through some of the most spectacular scenery in Scotland making it highly worthwhile.
- Sitting room, traditional open fire, leather sofas, Freeview TV, DVD/CD/Radio, dining table and seating for four.
- Fitted kitchen, electric cooker with oven and grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, and all the usual kitchen equipment.
- Small utility area with washing machine and "kitchen maid" clothes airer.
- Master bedroom with coombed ceilings, king size bed, garden view.
- Twin bedroom, coombed ceilings, garden view.
- Bathroom with bath, electric power shower, wc, whb, heated towel rail.
Included in the price
- All bed linen and towels.
- Storage heating and electricity costs.
- Initial fuel for the open fire, additional fuel can be purchased locally.
- Garden area.
- Indoor drying and ironing facilities.
- Hair dryer.
- Cot and highchair by arrangement.
- Parking for two cars.
Two pets are accepted, however the garden area is not fully enclosed.
Mobile Phone Reception
Due to the location mobile coverage may be limited or even unavailable.
Good Housekeeping Deposit
A £75.00 Good Housekeeping Deposit is required at the property.
- Remote and isolated west coast location for unbeatable wilderness holidays
- Direct access to the surrounding hills for walking.
- Village amenties at Lochcarron eight miles away.
|Price Range:||£380 - £425|
|Location:||Achnashellach - Lochcarron - Wester Ross|
More Properties in this Region
- Gracie's Cottage
- Hill Cottage
- Macrae Croft
- Swallow Byre
- Locholly Lodge
- Ceol na Mara
- Charleston House
- Campbell House
- Woodside Lodge
- Tigh A Chreagan
- Taigh Fiodha
- Ardoch Bothy
- Bayside Cottage
- Stoer Lodge
- Rowan Cottage - Arrina
- Pine Lodge
- Little Aird Hill
- Garden Cottage
- Kinloch Damph Lodge
- Stac Polly
- Cuaig Croft