Reyflat Barn Self Catering
Inverness, Nairn & The Black Isle
Reyflat Barn, Rosemarkie, Sleeps 4, Sorry no Pets.
Reyflat Barn is a unique property conversion situated less than ten minutes drive from the village of Rosemarkie on the Black Isle. The property recently completed sits in an elevated position with views across rolling farmland and down to the village of Rosemarkie and the Moray Firth. Inside the property is equipped and furnished to a high standard, a particular striking feature being the large lounge and the balcony area on the upper level, designed to take full advantage of the views. The property is ideally placed for exploring the Black Isle, and with good road connections it makes an ideal base for those wanting to explore the Northern Highlands and the West Coast.
Access to the property is through a spacious porch and hall area, on this level, guests will find a spacious kitchen, the twin bedroom and a bathroom. The kitchen is equipped with all the usual kitchen equipment, and a dining table and seating for six, off this room glass doors open out to the garden and a small patio area. The bedroom is furnished with quality wooden beds and furniture, and enjoys views to the front of the property. The bathroom is equipped with a bath with shower over and completes the facilities on this level.
From the hall a carpeted staircase leads to the upper level, where the living area, second bathroom and shower room are located. The living area is open plan and is particularly striking with its floor to ceiling windows and balcony area, designed to take full advantage of the views, the balcony benefits from a table and chairs is an ideal place to sit and relax after a day exploring. The living room is equipped with comfortable leather sofas and a flat screen TV with Sky satelite and a DVD player. The master bedroom has quality wooden furniture and a king size bed. A shower room completed the facilities on this level.
The village of Rosemarkie is located one and half miles from the property, and enjoys a coastal setting with a popular beach, the village of Fortrose is also a short drive away. Both villages offer a small selection of shops, village pubs, and a few places to eat, popular choices being Crofters Bistro in Rosemarkie and The Anderson in Fortrose. At Fortrose guests will find Chanonry Point, regarded as one of the best places in the UK to see dolphins. Boat trips are also available and these leave from Avoch located along the coast.
The Black Isle offers much for the visitor, the village of Cromarty offers a wealth of history and many interesting buildings - Hugh Miller, the geologist and writer, lived here and his cottage is open to view, and the Cromarty Courthouse and Museum is well worth a visit. In addition the village has a pottery and craft shop and various antique shops. A popular spot for seafood and wood fired pizzas is the Sutor Creek Cafe by the harbour.
For those wanting to travel further afield one of the smallest car ferries in the UK makes the journey between Cromarty and Nigg where there is a RSPB bird hide for viewing the many birds in Nigg Bay. The entrance to the Cromarty Firth is guarded by the hills known as the Sutors - legend has it that these were formed by giants throwing rocks at each other across the water, thereby bringing the shores so close to each other at this point. Despite their proximity, the depth of water allows large ships to pass through to the firth, and many can be spotted during the busy summer months.
Other activities for a day out on the Black Isle include the Wildlife Park, the challenging golf course at Fortrose or perhaps even a visit to the Black Isle Brewery. The location of Reyflat Barn really does make it an ideal base for not only exploring the Black Isle but perhaps the west coast or the northern highlands. For those wanting to experience more cosmopolitan life the City of Inverness is located just thirty minutes away and offers all the usual attractions including an art gallery, museum and theatre.
- Large spacious fitted kitchen with electric hob, oven and grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, and all the usual kitchen equipment, doors to the patio area.
- Twin bedroom, with views to the front of the property.
- Bathroom with underfloor heating, bath with shower over, wc, whb, heated towel rail.
- Open plan lounge with leather sofas, Flat screen TV with Sky satelite, DVD, CD, radio, iPod dock, access to outside balcony area. WiFi internet access.
- Balcony area with table and seating, views over surrounding farmland and down towards Rosemarkie village.
- Master bedroom with king size bed, views to surrounding farmland.
- Shower room, wc, whb, heated towel rail.
Included in the Price
- All bed linen and towels.
- Underfloor and central heating costs.
- Garden with private patio area, garden furniture and barbeque.
- Cot and high chair available.
- Shared laundry facilities with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Indoor and outdoor drying facilities.
- Hair dryer.
- Telephone with honesty box.
- Parking for two cars.
Good Housekeeping Deposit
A £75.00 Good Housekeeping deposit is required at the property.
- Beautiful conversion of an original barn steading.
- Quiet location but with the village amenities of Rosemarkie close by.
- Superb area for cycling, walking, and dolphin watching.
|Price Range:||£395 - £595|
|Location:||Fortrose - Black Isle|