An Acail Self Catering
Skye & Lochalsh
An Acail, Holiday Cottage, Isle of Skye, Scotland, Sleeps 6.
One small pet allowed
An Acail is the perfect escape for those keen on outdoor pursuits and wildlife. Situated in a rural but accessible spot on the Trotternish Peninsular the property provides both the location and all the facilities to help you enjoy a perfect outdoor holiday. The northern part of the Isle of Skye is one of the most impressive and picturesque parts of the island and boasts some of the finest walking and climbing including the Quiraing rock towers, The Old Man of Storr and Kilt Rock to name a few.
An Acail is in the tiny crofting township of Borneskitaig - a small, friendly community located within the coastal township of Kilmuir, just north of Uig, the main ferry terminal to the Outer Isles. Uig amenities include a general store for groceries, a garage, cafe and restaurant. Portree, the island’s capital which is 20 miles south offers more extensive shops, restaurants and visitor attractions.
The area is beautiful, and offers something for everyone - from the dramatic mountains to the rocky coastlines and the traditional crofting villages of the north of Skye. With access to the seashore only half a mile from the house via a local jetty it is a great place to explore with a canoe or kayak. Also ideal for winter walkers keen to see Skye in all weathers and to try out some of the finest climbing and walking in Europe. The location also gives an opportunity to spot wildlife, try whale watching or keep an eye out for otters down at the shore.
People travel the world to see and hear Skye’s many resident rare birds - Golden Plovers, Curlews, Fulmars, Kestrels, Little Grebe, Corn Crakes and Skylarks. Sea eagles that nest on the high cliffs around the Trotternish peninsular close by can be spotted soaring above. Guides are available for climbs in the Cuillin Mountains and a local Ghillie can take you Fly Fishing. Skye’s outdoor centre - Whitewave is just a few miles away offering kayaking, canoeing, archery, mountain boarding, hill walking and climbing activities.
The property itself has two levels and benefits not only from the large open plan living room and fully equipped kitchen/dining area but also an additional snug room with extra TV and games. The main living room is furnished with comfortable sofas, TV, DVD and Hi-Fi - it also offers direct access through patio doors to the outside balcony area where you can sit and admire the spectacular views and stunning sunsets across to the Outer Western Isles. The property has three bedrooms; upstairs there is a large master bedroom with king size bed, a twin bedroom, and a shower room, all with extensive views of the Western Isles.
The large spacious bedroom downstairs has a double bed and the family bathroom next to it. Outside, the property has a large garden and faces the sea. There is a storage area which can be used for canoes, kayaks and bikes. Purpose-built facilities are provided for storing equipment and for washing/drying wetsuits, walking/climbing clothes. A porch and large entrance hall also provide plenty of space for walking boots, coats and gear.
In essence, if you are looking for a fabulous outdoor holiday An Acail is the ideal place from which to base your adventure.
- Living room with comfortable sofas, Satellite TV, DVD, CD, Radio, iPod Dock.
- Small snug with TV and various games.
- Fitted kitchen with electric hob, oven and grill, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, and all the usual kitchen equipment, dining table and seating for six.
- Double bedroom.
- Family bathroom with bath, electric shower over, heated towel rail, wc, whb.
- Master bedroom with queen (super king) size bed, views to the western isles.
- Twin bedroom, views to the western isles.
- Shower room, shower cubicle, heated towel rail, wc, whb.
Included in the price
- All bed linen and towels.
- Electricity and electric storage heating.
- WiFi Internet access, please bring your own laptop.
- Travel cot, please request at the time of booking.
- Enclosed garden with garden furniture.
- Indoor and outdoor drying facilities.
- Ironing facilities.
- Hair dryer.
- Storage area for outdoor equipment, bikes, canoes and kayaks.
- Parking for two cars.
Good Housekeeping Deposit
A Good Housekeeping Deposit of £100.00 is required at the property.
- Remote and isolated Skye location for unbeatable wilderness holidays
- Village amenties closeby in the village of Uig.
- Superb area for cycling, climbing and walking.
|Price Range:||£585 - £820|
|Location:||Trotternish peninsular - Isle of Skye|
More Properties in this Region
- The Orchids
- Taigh Druim
- Pooltiel House
- Matheson's Croft House
- White-Tail Croft
- Torvaig Cottage
- Black Shed
- Timber House
- Tigh Nighean Bhan
- Leachachan Barn
- Port Elgol Cottage
- Moll House
- Eilean Mor
- Henderson House
- Katie's Cottage
- An Airidh
- An Slinnean
- Skye Woodhouse
- Old Post Office