Kilmaluag Bay Cottage Self Catering
- Download our
- View all our
- Christmas / New Year availability
- View our Disabled Access properties
Things To Do
Kilmaluag Bay Cottage
Skye & Lochalsh
Location: Trotternish Peninsula - Isle of Skye | Sleeps: 4
Price Range: £500 - £795
About Kilmaluag Bay Cottage
Kimaluag Cottage, North Duntulm, Staffin, Sleeps 4
One Pet Allowed
Wood Burning Stove
Kilmaluag Cottage is a newly built property, situated on the site of a century old black house, which was inhabited until the early seventies, and then became derelict. The owners have used the same old stones from the ruin of the black house, to keep the cottage as authentic as possible from the outside, the house is located just a couple of metres from the sea and directly next to the mouth of the Kilmaluag river, and with any luck you can spot seals, otters and even dolphins through the huge living room windows or from the decking.
Inside the cottage is all located on the one level, the open plan kitchen and living area has a wood burner and there is under floor heating in all rooms. The living area has two comfortable chairs, a sofa, footstool and dining table and chairs. This room has a huge picture window ideally placed to enjoy the breathtaking views to the sea. The kitchen is equipped with all the usual appliances including a separate wine cooler. The living area has a smart-tv with freeview satellite, and a blue-ray player, and wifi internet access is available.
Kilmaluag Cottage has two bedrooms, one with a king size bed, and one with twin beds, that can be made into a super king if requested. Both bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms with walk in showers, and one even has a roll top bath, ideal for a long soak after a day in the hills. The beds are box sprung, and the owner has provided quality bed linen and towels. Completing the facilities at the property is a utility/boot room complete with a washing machine and tumble dryer.
The cottage sits in its own private area of croft land, which offers ample parking, however for guests with young children they should be aware that the garden is open directly to the river and the sea. At the front of the cottage and accessed from the living room is an area of decking complete with seating.
The Trotternish area offers some of the most awe-inspiring scenery and the best areas for walking on the island.
- Open plan kitchen, dining and living area.
- Dining and living area, comfortable seating, wood burner, smart-tv with satellite, blue-ray DVD player, iPod docking station, dining table and seating for four, direct access to decked area at the front of the property.
- Kitchen area, electric oven, induction hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, wine cooler, and all the usual kitchen equipment.
- Utility room with washing machine and dryer.
- Master bedroom with king size bed, en-suite bathroom with shower, roll top bath, wc & whb.
- Twin bedrrom with zip and link beds, this can be made into a super kingsize if required, please advise at the time of booking, en-suite bathroom with shower, wc & whb.
Included in the rent
- Quality bed linen and towels.
- Electricity and heating costs, under floor heating throughout.
- Initial supply of wood for the wood burner.
- Outside enclosed garden area, decking to the front of the house with seating.
- Indoor drying and ironing facilities.
- Hair dryer.
- Parking for two car.
- WiFi internet access, bring your own laptop.
One small pet is welcome at the property, however this is strictly by arrangement only, please call for more information, a £20.00 additional charge applies.
Good Housekeeping Deposit
A Good Housekeeping Deposit of £150.00 is required at this property.
- Unique coastal position.
- Newly completed property, traditional in design with modern touches.
- An ideal base for exploring the Trotternish area.
More Properties in this Region
- Moll House
- Timber House
- Pooltiel House
- The Orchids
- An Slinnean
- Torvaig Cottage
- Skye Woodhouse
- Taigh Druim
- Old Post Office
- Port Elgol Cottage
- An Airidh
- Moll Cottage
- Henderson House
- Tigh Nighean Bhan
- Tigh-na-Craobh (The Tree House)
- Leachachan Barn
- Katie's Cottage
- White-Tail Croft
- Score Bay Cottage
- Matheson's Croft House
- An Acail
- Eilean Mor