Giusaichean Self Catering
Fort Augustus & South Loch Ness
Giusaichean, self catering holiday cottage, sleeps 4, log fire, pets welcome. STB 4*'s.
With its traditional white rendering and sash windows, Giusaichean cottage, a former croft cottage, is a spacious and comfortable holiday home. The inspired conversion of the former byre to the present lounge with a vaulted pine ceiling, pine floor and natural stone walls, gives breathtaking views of the mountains and forests through the cathedral window towards Loch Ness. This is highly desirable holiday accommodation for many people, including families and a first choice honeymoon destination. We welcome dogs, cats and considerate owners to Giusaichean.
The mature garden provides privacy and seclusion in a most peaceful setting - deer and buzzards being seen often, and the occasional pine marten. The great variety of plants are interesting and colourful at any season. Although the Farigaig Forest centre with its way-marked walks is only 2 miles away through the beautiful Pass of Inverfarigaig, many miles of forest tracks all around the cottage invite you to explore. The famous Falls of Foyers are 4 miles south in the village of Foyers with its Post Office, general store and tea room. The birdwatchers amongst you will be drawn to the local RSPB reserve at Loch Ruthven, breeding place of Slavonian grebes. Further afield are Culbin Sands for sea birds and Loch Garten where nesting ospreys may be seen at close quarters.
- Spacious lounge/dining room of natural stone and pine with a woodburning stove, and a door to the terrace. Flat screen TV Freeview and DVD player, iPod dock. WiFi, bring your own laptop. The panoramic window is double glazed.
- Cosy sitting room, CD player.
- Solid pine fitted kitchen with electric hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer, toaster, electric kettle, washing machine and tumble dryer. Ironing facilities.
- Separate toilet and basin downstairs.
- Large internal heated front porch/cloak room. Telephone (honesty box)
- Two bedrooms, one with king-size bed, the other with twin beds.
- Hair dryer.
- Cot and highchair are available if required.
- Bathroom upstairs has a large bath and separate shower, whb, wc.
- Airing cupboard and ironing facilities.
Included in the price
- All bed linen.
- Towels are not included, but can be supplied at an extra charge of £5.00 per set.
- Oil fired central heating throughout. Oil, electricity, and logs are included in the price.
Terrace with garden furniture, and large mature fenced garden with extensive lawns and colourful plantings.
Two pets welcome.
Good Housekeeping Deposit of £75.00 required.
- Large mature garden with surprise plantings around every corner.
- Fenced garden.
- Forest walks.
- Loch Ness just a couple of miles away.
|Price Range:||£350 - £695|
|Location:||Errogie - South Loch Ness|
More Properties in this Region
- Lus na Gaoithe
- Gate House
- Allt a'Mhuilinn
- Hill Head Croft
- Cameron's Cottage
- Woodpecker Pad
- The Coltsfoots
- Log House
- Coach House
- Old Schoolhouse
- Old Lock Keepers Cottage
- Rowan Ridge
- The Haven
- Owl Cottage