Wilderness Cottages Booking Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Hire
- The hirer shall ensure that the property is left in a clean and tidy condition and that the property and its contents are respected at all times. If damage occurs (beyond fair wear and tear) or excessive cleaning is required then a claim may be made on the good housekeeping deposit provided.
- The Hirer shall not sub-let the premises or any part thereof.
- The number of people occupying the premises shall not exceed the number stated for the premises.
- The Hirer binds and obliges himself to vacate the hired premises without demand at the termination of the period of hire.
- The Hirer binds and obliges himself to pay the lessor in respect of any loss or damage beyond fair wear and tear.
- Your initial payment comprises a deposit of 25% of the total hire charge, plus supplementary charges for pets. The balance of the hire charge must be paid at least 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday. The Lessor may treat the booking as cancelled if the balance of the hire charge is not sent by this date.
- If the booking is made within 8 weeks of the start of the holiday, payment in full at the time of booking is required.
- The Hirer agrees that, in the event of Cancellation, while all reasonable efforts will be made by the lessor to re-let, the Hirer will be responsible for paying for the period of tenancy booked if a substitute cannot be found.
- The Lessor, his agents or employees, accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the Hirer's party or their property, arising in any manner out of the let of the premises, however caused.
- The Hirer shall undertake to prevent any member of his party from causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbouring residents or occupiers.
- The Hirer undertakes to leave the hired premises secure if left unoccupied during the period of let.
- The Hirer shall undertake to keep pets under control at all times, and will not leave pets unattended inside the property.
- The Hirer undertakes to relieve the Lessor from any liability for damage or injury by any member of his party, however caused.
- The Hirer warrants that the subjects let are to be used for the purposes of a Holiday. Accordingly, Section 12(2) and Paragraphs of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 applies to the letting to the Hirer.
- We act solely as agents for all properties on this web site, under the direction of the owners. Any involvement in the management of these properties by ourselves is undertaken on the owner's behalf. All legal responsibility remains with the owner for any problems that may arise with your property.
- We reserve the right of entry to the properties at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out repairs or maintenance.
- All information on this website is correct to the best of our knowledge, but as we do not have exclusive control of any properties, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Future Payments by Card
What we use your card credentials for
By ticking the appropriate checkbox during the booking process, you agree to authorise Wilderness Cottages to debit your card in the future. Your credentials will be held on file to facilitate future payments associated with your booking. These payments may include:
- Your Balance Payment
- The Good Housekeeping Deposit
- In exceptional cases, additional administrative charges (e.g. in the event of a requested change to your booking), but only after you have expressly agreed to them.
How to cancel your future payment agreement
At any time, you may cancel your future payment agreement by telephoning us on 01463 719219 and asking us to cancel it.
In all cases, we will require your booking number to enable us to cancel your agreement. Please have this to hand when you telephone us.
Please be aware that cancelling your payment agreement does not release you from your contract with Wilderness Cottages. You will still be liable for any costs associated with your booking.
How your credentials are stored
For your security, we use a payment service provider called Opayo UK - formerly called Sage Pay. The collection of card details and all card processing is carried out on their secure servers using their encrypted systems, including any future payments. We never store your card details or credentials on our servers.
Thousands of businesses trust Opayo to process their customer's payments. Please be assured that your payment security is our priority, and card processing is in safe hands.